Financial Specialist (Teller)
|February 06, 2014 - March 06, 2014|
|Salary Range:||Starting at $11.79 hr.|
|Benefits:||Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, AFLAC, 401(k), Flexible Benefit Spending Plan, Vacation and Sick Leave|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Establishes membership eligibility, opens accounts and certificates. Reviews and analyzes applications for loans and approves Visa Debit cards. Requires a minimum of six months experience in a financial institution or some form of public contact such as sales. Assists members in person in making account transactions by providing efficient, accurate service within the guidelines set in the credit union policies and procedures|
|Duties:||• Cross-sells credit union services and products |
• Establishes membership eligibility, accepts deposits and opens accounts on computer system.
• Receives checks and cash for deposit or loan payments
• Cashes checks within approval limits
• Determines appropriate holds under the guidelines of the credit union check hold policy.
• Balances daily transactions, negotiable items and cash drawer
• Sells money orders to members
• Assists member with questions and account problems
• Issues cash advances on MasterCards and Visas
• Performs transactions for Shared Branching members following CUSN policies as well as all credit union policies.
• Redeems US Savings Bonds
• Verifies and balances ATM deposits, night drop deposits and commercial deposits.
• Closes membership accounts
• Provides CTRs to the BSA Compliance Officer for review, filing and records retention.
• Monitors and reports suspected money laundering, structuring, or other suspicious activity
|Qualifications:||• High school diploma, or its equivalent.|
• Minimum six months experience in a financial institution.
• Ability to operate PC keyboard to input data.
• Ability to clearly and politely communicate with members and other employees verbally, in writing and on the phone.
• Ability to read computer screen and printouts.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to detect and trace teller errors and make necessary corrections.
• Ability to count and handle money.
• Ability to make quality decisions concerning funds availability.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
• Ability to identify problem areas and make independent decisions to resolve problems as they relate to standard operating procedures. Problems that arise out of normal daily operations are to be communicated to the Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager.
• Ability to recognize and follow credit union structure, goals and chain of command.
• Ability to perform well under stressful situations.
• Ability to keyboard 35 words per minute
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.